Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Loose Meat Sandwiches

My mom is visiting from out of town and shared this delicious recipe with me. I had no idea what to expect when she told me the ingredients because we are not fans of yellow mustard, but I was pleasantly surprised! These sandwiches are so yummy! I don't know that I will ever go back to a regular Sloppy Joe again. These are sweet and tangy and it is hard to stop eating them!

Traditionally these are eaten with mustard and dill pickles, we had them with coleslaw and that was a great combination. I'll have to try them with pickles next time.

Loose Meat Sandwiches adapted from food.com
2 lbs lean hamburger meat
1 extra large sweet onion, chopped
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup vinegar (we prefer apple cider vinegar)
1/4 cup sugar
Seasoning salt
Directions:
Sprinkle seasoning salt in bottom of skillet and throw in chopped onion and hamburger meat. Fry up the meat and onion while chopping up the meat to make it small like for Sloppy Joes. Drain off any fat. Aadd mustard, vinegar and sugar. Heat it through till sugar is dissolved. IF you want a little more tang add just 1-2 tablespoons more vinegar to your liking. Serve on your favorite hamburger bun toasted.

No comments: