I came across this recipe on The Sister's Dish and had to try it. My family totall loved it and is one of our new family favorites! This soup has a great flavor and is filling but not too heavy. I hope you enjoy it too!
Chicken Tortellini Soup- from The Sister's Dish
• 10 oz broccoli
• 1 can cream of chicken soup
• 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
• 1 cup chopped carrots
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 3 cans chicken broth(14 1/2 ounce), ~6 cups
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 t. oregano
• 1/2 t. basil
• 9 oz package cheese tortellini(fresh in the clear plastic box in the cheese section)
• grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top
In a large pot combine chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, chicken, onions, carrots, water, garlic, basil and oregano. Bring to boil. Add tortellini. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Add broccoli and simmer and additional 5-10 minutes. or until broccoli is tender. Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.