Monday, March 8, 2010

Enchalada Casserole

This is an easy weeknight meal that the whole family enjoys. My kids like to eat it as is, but my husband and I like to top it with lettuce, tomatoes, onions etc ( as you can see in the picture). It is simple and delicious. I hope you enjoy it!



Enchilada Casserole

1 lb hamburger
1 can tomato soup
1 can red enchilada sauce
2 cups cheese divided
10-12 corn tortillas torn up
(optional: 1 can of beans, drained)

Garnish with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced onions, sliced olives, sour cream etc

Fry up hamburger and drain fat. Put cooked hamburger meat in a large mixing bowl, add can of soup, enchilada sauce, 1 cup of cheese, and torn corn tortillas. Mix well and put in a 9x13 casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top and bake in a 350* oven till heated through.

I sometimes add a can of black beans drained to stretch the recipe further. Also, if I am in a hurry I cook the entire thing in my 12inch deep skillet on the stove and it still turns out great.

No comments: