Monday, May 6, 2013

Tabbouleh


Well, I've been "missing" for a while. We decided to sell our home and move to a new home. It all went very well and I'm finally back to sharing recipes again!

Here is an amazing recipe that I am excited to share with you. I got from my sweet friend Holly after she brought it to a summer picnic. It is refreshing and full of flavor. I am not normally a big fan of Tabbouleh that you get from a deli because I really don't care for parsley. But, this recipe uses flat leaf Italian parsley and not nearly as much as you see in those deli recipes. I think this is divine. My family can just sit and eat this for a meal and be happy. I hope you enjoy this too. It's a great refreshing summer salad. 


Tabbouleh

1 1/2 cup bulgar wheat
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 bunch green onions, diced (both green and white parts)
1 1/2 cup Italian/flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
3/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1 2-oz package pine nuts
1/2 cup feta cheese
 2+ tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon salt freshly ground pepper

Directions:
1. put bulgar wheat in a bowl and cover with water. Let soak for 1 hour
2. Drain bulgar, if necessary you can use cheesecloth to squeeze out excess liquid 
3. Add all non-liquid ingredients to a big bowl and toss together 
4. Add liquid; adjust amounts to achieve correct moistness. (It should be a little juicy, but not soupy)
5. Serve with cut pita bread

No comments: