Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cilantro Lime Rice


Cilantro Lime Rice
adapted from My Kitchen Cafe

This is a great side dish for your Mexican dishes. I really liked this recipe over others that I have tried because you cook the rice in chicken broth instead of water. It just gave it a lot more flavor, if you prefer the more simple flavor that you would find at Qudoba just cook it in water instead of the broth. Also, the recipe said to cook the cilantro with the rice but I like the flavor of the cilantro to be fresh, so I stirred in the chopped cilantro after the rice cooked.

2 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups rice
2 1/4 cups chicken broth
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
juice and zest of 1 large lime
1/4 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

In a skillet, melt butter and add rice. Let cook for 1-2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except for the cilantro and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 18-20 minutes. Stir in choped cilantro and serve.

1 comment:

Chef Tess said...

I;m totally new to your blog (thanks to Janae)but I had to comment on this recipe. As a chef I was trained to use simple side dishes to complement a more complex main dish... as a mom I was trained to get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. This looks like a perfect combination of both! Keep up the great work! I will be sure to visit often! Also! Way to go with the fresh cilantro at the end! Way more flavor and color!