Friday, September 25, 2009

Strawberry Rhubarb Freezer Jam


I have always been a fan of Tastefully Simple's Strawberry Rhubarb jam but my family gobbles it up so fast, that I had to find a way to keep my fridge stocked without breaking the bank! So, I played with a couple of recipes and came up with this one. It is pretty easy to make and so yummy!

Strawberry Rhubarb Freezer Jam

2 1/2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
2 1/2 cups chopped strawberries.
3 cups white sugar
1 3oz package strawberry flavored gelatin


Directions:
1- In a large saucepan or stockpot, stir together the fresh rhubarb and sugar. Cover and let stand over night.
2- Bring the rhubarb and sugar to a boil over medium heat. Boil, stirring constantly, for 12 minutes on low heat. Remove from heat.
3-Add strawberries and stir in dry gelatin mix. Transfer to steril jars and let cool. Store in refrigerator (or freezer for long term storage)

No comments: