Monday, October 12, 2009

Blueberry Kuchen

I have always been a fan of the recipes that Heather D White shares on her blog! She never dissapoints! This yummy Blueberry Kuchen (Kuchen means cake in German) was so good! I made it for my family as a Sunday Afternoon treat. We ate it warm out of the oven and it was tasty the next morning for breakfast too! I loved the sweet blueberries and the hint of nutmeg in the cake. And the strussel topping was perfect. I think I may use even more blue berries next time I make it because I loved them in this cake so much.


Blueberry Kuchen- From Heather D White
1 1/2 C. all purpose flour
3/4 C. sugar2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 C. milk
1/4 C. butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 C. frozen or fresh blueberries (I used frozen)
TOPPING:
3/4 C. sugar
1/2 C. flour
1/4 C. butter
Combine first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add milk, butter, egg & vanilla and beat for 2 minutes or until well blended. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle with blueberries. Combine sugar, flour and butter in a small mixing bowl and toss with a fork until crumbly; sprinkle over blueberries. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am going to have to make this. I love anything with blueberries, and heather White has the best recipes :-)