Monday, October 12, 2009

White Chip Pumpkin Spice Cake


Here is another great recipe from Heather D White! It was easy peasy and so incredibly yummy! I ended up pouring the warm glaze over a warm cake so it really sunk in and puddled on the plate and it was heavenly just as Heather said it would be! We had friends over for dinner and between the two families that cake was gone in a flash. This is a perfect cake for fall and the holidays! Enjoy :)

White Chip Pumpkin Spice Cake from Heather D White

1 pkg. Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
3 large eggs
1 C. pumpkin
2/3 C. evaporated milk
1/3 C. vegetable oil
1 C. white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 12-cup bundt cake pan.
Combine cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Beat at low speed until moistened. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes; stir in chocolate chips. Pour into bundt pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in pan on wire rack for 25 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle HALF of glaze over cake; serve with remaining glaze. (HEATHER'S NOTE: I have always made it just like this....but last night, I glazed the cake with ALL of the glaze right after I turned the cake out of the pan after cooling in the pan for 25 minutes. It was HEAVENLY warm!!!)

WHITE CHIP CINNAMON GLAZE:
3 T. evaporated milk
1 C. white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Heat 3 T. evaporated milk in a small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat just to a boil; remove from heat. Add 1 C. white chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in 1/ tsp. ground cinnamon.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

This looks absolutely divine. I can't wait to try it!

Allison Shops said...

I can almost smell it from here. My dad loves cake during the holidays. Will give this one a try. Thanks for sharing.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, that sounds great! & I love cakes that start with a box mix & add to it. I will definitely try this one.

sweetjeanette said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!!! This sounds so yummy. I'm definitely snagging this one to try out on my sunday school class! (Dropping by from Rhoda's recipe party) Thank you for this recipe!!!

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

WOW!!! I can smell it baking in the oven right now. A GREAT!!! recipe for the holidays.
I became a follower of your blog. I love sharing recipe. Come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same.
Geri